Do you know that vinegar, one of the common cooking ingredient, can be used for cleaning purpose as well? Yes, if you have those bottles lying unused in your cupboard for too long, why not use it to brighten up those fixtures and appliances? Here are 10 ways in which you can use vinegar to kill the bacteria and bring back the lost sheen.
- KITCHEN CLEANING
1) For cleaning microwave: Mix equal quantity of vinegar and water, microwave for 4-5 minutes. Remove the bowl. The resulting moisture will soak all the hard to clean dirt inside the oven and make it easy to wipe with a microfiber cloth.
2) For cleaning cutting board: After every use, clean the cutting board with vinegar soaked cloth to get rid of bacteria and other harmful germs.
3) Unclogging drain: Pour ½ cup of vinegar and ½ cup of baking soda down the drain to unclog it.
- BATHROOM CLEANING
4) For cleaning toiletries: Toiletries like the razor blade, pumice stone etc can be cleaned using vinegar. Dip these products in a solution containing an equal quantity of vinegar and water and let it soak for an hour. The vinegar will neutralize all smell in these items and make it shine like new.
5) Remove mineral deposit from the shower head: Tie a small bag with vinegar in it on the shower head. Let it sit overnight. In the morning, rinse the shower head with water and you can see it sparkling.
6) Disinfecting tub and sink: Spray undiluted vinegar onto bath tub and sink, clean with a damp cloth. This will kill all germs.
- GENERAL CLEANING
7) Refreshing upholstery and carpet: If your sofa and carpet do not smell good, then use vinegar to freshen it up. For this, mix same quantity of vinegar and water in a spray bottle, spray it over the sofa and carpet. Vinegar has the power to neutralize the smell without leaving any smell of its own.
8) To remove mold: If the walls of your house are infected with mold, spray vinegar onto it and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and dry the area for a mold free wall.
9) To clean glass: Mix one quantity of vinegar to equal quantity of water and use it to spray clean glass surfaces like window, décor items and mirror
10) To remove gum: If gum is accidentally stuck on fabric or hair, pour warm vinegar on top of it. The gum will dissolve and you can easily remove it.
Thus, vinegar is a must have item in all houses as it can be used for a variety of purpose apart from cooking. This multitasker can definitely replace a lot of pricier cleaning products stocked up inside your cupboard.