Partying is a part of UAE lifestyle. From birthday and bachelor party to family get together, the reasons to party are many. Now that it’s the end of the year, the party season is likely to pep up with Christmas and New Year bashes. One of the major problem faced by most of the home owners is how to clean the carpet after a party. The general rule for carpet cleaning is that the sooner you act the less you need to clean.
Here are 5 ways in which you can clean the carpet and bring it back to its original form.
1) Food spills: For small spills, you can use baby wipes to wipe and clean the area. For strong stains like ketchup and chocolate, dip a cloth in white vinegar and apply it onto the stained spot. Repeat it several times till the stain disappears. Another alternative is to use ammonia solution before applying white vinegar. But make sure to test ammonia in a small portion before the actual application.
2) Drinks: There is nothing like spoiling your precious carpet with spills of drinks like soft drink and wine. If this happens blot the area with a tissue or a dry cloth to absorb the moisture. Once done, you can gently clean the area with warm water and dishwasher liquid. Another method is to mix 2 cups of water to 1 cup of white vinegar and rub the solution onto the stained area using a cloth. If the stain still persists mix 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp of ammonia and apply it onto the stained area. Once the stain is completely removed, wash the area with cold water and blot it dry. For tea and coffee stain, rub few drops of beer onto the carpet. Repeat if required.
3) Wax and gum: Removing wax and gum from a carpet without damaging the fiber is a tricky affair. For this, freeze the wax or gum using ice. Once frozen carefully pull it out from the fiber using a blunt object like a spoon. If there is any water residue, blot the carpet with a towel. Vacuum the carpet thoroughly.
4) Oil: To remove oil spill on the carpet, place a paper towel over the spill and iron the towel in a warm setting. The oil will stick onto the towel which can then be wiped and cleaned. For strong spills, sprinkle baking soda and corn starch over the spill. Rub the area with a cloth so that the powder penetrates deep into the carpet. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Vacuum the area thoroughly and wash with a dishwashing detergent.
5) Bad odor: To remove bad odor from carpet sprinkle baking soda abundantly onto the carpet. Let it stay for a longer time preferably overnight. Vacuum the carpet thoroughly to remove the powder. Baking soda has the power to absorb odor without leaving any odor of its own. Another method is to use a mixture of baking soda, vinegar and water and spray onto the carpet. Let it dry naturally or vacuum using a wet-dry vacuum.
The above tips are definitely going to help you in keeping your carpet spick and span. In case things go out of hand and you are not able to clean it the way you want help is always at hand. Just give a call to Justmop and our maids will do a thorough carpet cleaning and make your carpet the way you want it to be.