One of the unavoidable natural phenomenon that occurs in the whole of Middle East is Sandstorm. Sandstorm is basically strong wind that carries desert sand along with it thus covering the entire region in a halo of sand. If you are familiar with this natural phenomenon, then you must have already figured out ways to clean your house after a sandstorm. But for those who are new to this entire phenomenon, cleaning up after a sandstorm can be a herculean task. Here are a few tips to bring your house back to normal after a disastrous sandstorm.
1) The first thing to do is to prepare your house to face a sandstorm. This is especially so for villas and apartments in open areas as the probability of sand entering the house is more. Cover all open areas like the space between windows, door and AC duct with a cloth. This prevents small sand particles from entering the house. Roll up all carpets, rugs and mats and store it safely. Switch off the AC so that there is no chance of outside air entering the house.
2) Once the sandstorm is over and things settle in, you can start the real cleaning process. Clean all visible dust inside the house like the one over the table, decorative pieces and television set with a clean cloth.
3) Vacuum every nook and corner of the house especially blind, curtain and sofa where more dust is likely to settle.
4) If by any chance the carpet is not rolled up, you can sprinkle unprocessed wheat bran over it and vacuum thoroughly. This will help remove tiny dust particles that have settled in.
5) If the sandstorm is harsh, then dust might seep into your wardrobe as well. You can dust the cloth one by one outside the house.
Post sandstorm cleaning can be a tedious task especially to those who are allergic to dust. Remember to cover your nose with a cloth or wear a mask before cleaning. If by any chance, you find the job to be challenging, Justmop is always here to help!