The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of cleaning your home is baking soda. Yes, baking soda is such an integral part of cleaning activity that we can hardly consider a cleaning chore without this super ingredient.
For those who are wondering how to use baking soda for cleaning purpose, here are a few hacks.
1) Cleaning washing machine: Though the main purpose of the washing machine is to clean, the machine, in turn, requires cleaning on its part. This is made possible with the help of baking soda. For this, add baking soda on to the detergent compartment of the machine and white vinegar on the drum. Run a cycle at high temperature. This will remove all the mold and bad odor from inside the machine.
2) Unclogging a drain: Does your kitchen or bathroom drain get blocked quite often? Do not worry. Pour hot water into the drain and add a generous quantity of baking soda. Let it sit for some time. Then pour a mixture of vinegar and hot water and cover it. The mixture of baking soda and vinegar helps to unclog the drain. Flush down with hot water.
3) Deodorize carpet: Do you have pets at home? Then the stink from the carpet can leave you crazy. To deodorize the carpet, sprinkle baking soda on it and let it sit for few hours. Baking soda has the power to neutralize all smell. Vacuum clean the carpet thoroughly after few hours. Repeat if required.
4) Cleaning stove top: The stirring and frying activities in the kitchen can leave your stove top full of grease and grime. To remove this, make a paste of one tablespoon of baking soda, one tablespoon of salt and enough water. Use this paste to scrub and clean the stove top. The stove top will regain its original form.
5) Cleaning bathtub: Bathtub normally gets dirty because of soap scum. To remove this and other dirt from the tub, wet the tub and sprinkle baking soda on it. Mix water and vinegar, spray the solution on to the tub. Let it sit for some time. Afterward, scrub and clean the tub.
6) Removing stain from coffee mug: Does your coffee mug get stained because of repeated use? Do not worry. Add baking soda to the coffee mug along with enough water to form a paste. Scrub and clean the mug with this paste. This will remove all the stain in the mug.
Thus, baking soda is not just a cooking ingredient. It can clean and deodorize surfaces thereby leaving your house fresh and clean. If you need a deep cleaning book one of Justmop‘s professional maids now.