Who doesn’t like to have a sweet and refreshing smell inside the house? We definitely do. A fresh scent not only provides a neat and clean feel to your interiors but also lift your mood. If you are looking to provide a refreshing smell the most natural way, here are a few tips.
1) Throw off those awful garbages: Though we keep all garbage bins, especially the one in the kitchen, closed, the feeling that the stinky smelling garbage is inside the house is enough to make us feel the house is shabby and unclean. The first thing we do in the morning is to dispose off all the garbage from the house.
2) Go for indoor plants: Indoor plants not only adds to the beauty of the room but also purifies the air inside. Few of the indoor plants easily available in Dubai are Begonia, Hydrangea and our all-time favorite lucky bamboo. If you want, you can even try some flowering plants to bring in the natural smell.
3) Fresh clothes: This may not be a natural solution but one effective method we have been following. Wash the clothes as usual and add fabric conditioner of your choice. Hang it in the balcony and leave the door open. The cool breeze from outside brings in the refreshing smell from the fabric making the whole room smell fresh and clean.
4) Fresh flowers: There is nothing like having a bunch of fresh flowers neatly arranged in a beautiful vase. Few of the flowers you can opt are rose, lilac and lily.
5) Essential Oil: Purchase a home diffuser from any of the home décor shops. Fill it with water and add a few drops of essential oil. Turn it on and it will diffuse a sweet smell all over the room. Alternatively, you can also dip few cotton balls in lavender essential oil and slip it under your pillow cover. This provides a subtle fragrance in your bedroom and helps you to relax.
6) Incense stick: Incense sticks are available in a variety of flavors like sandalwood, jasmine and rose. Burning the incense stick also provides a refreshing aroma all over the room. But this may not be a good option if you have asthma patients at home.
7) Stovetop potpourri: Boil a bowl of water, add few lemon pieces and your favorite herbs into it. Once the water boils, the fragrance emanates from the fruits and herbs and provides a refreshing smell to the room.
8) Dry potpourri: These are easily available in the market. Place it in a beautiful bowl on your center table and add a few drops of essential oil, if required. This again can spread a sweet fragrance all over the room.
9) Baking: Who said that baking is only for making your favorite dishes? What about the mouthwatering smell that emanates from it? Bake your favorite cookie or cake and your house will smell great for any guest.
Do you follow any particular trick to bring in that special smell to your home? Please do not forget to share it with us.