Whichever part of the world you are in there is no Christmas without a Christmas tree. The same is the case with Christmas celebrations in Dubai. Whether you are staying in an apartment or a villa a Christmas tree is a must have during this time of the year.
Most of the Christmas trees available in Dubai are imported fir trees. Since the imported trees are relatively expensive, people generally go in for artificial trees to decorate their home. Whatever type of tree you are purchasing, you should provide a proper care for the tree so that it remains fresh and bright.
Care For Natural Trees
- In Dubai since Christmas trees are imported from other countries, they might have been shipped weeks back. Hence make sure that you select the best tree available.
- Before purchase, shake the branch of the tree to make sure that the needles are not falling down.
- A few inches can be cut from the bottom of the tree so that water can enter through the pores.
- At home, the tree should be placed away from the source of heat as heat can dry out the tree fast.
- Place a fabric on the floor where the tree will be placed. This prevents any water from dripping and spoiling the floor.
- On top of the fabric place the stand with water. Make sure that you check the water level regularly as water is vital to retain the freshness of the tree. The water level should never go below the base of the tree.
- While decorating the tree, make sure that you use light that produces low heat. This helps in preventing drying of the tree. Also, inspect the light properly before decorating to make sure that it is in good condition.
- Once the tree dries off, you can chop it into small piece and dispose off with regular garbage.
Care For Artificial Trees
Unlike natural trees, artificial Christmas trees require care after its usage. If proper care is taken, artificial trees can be used for many years to come.
- Remove all lighting and décor pieces from the tree and store them neatly in boxes.
- Take a vacuum cleaner and gently vacuum the entire tree.
- Clean the tree with a mixture of warm water and soap and dry it properly.
- Disassemble the tree starting from the branches.
- Once everything is taken down, store it in its original box. You can also buy Christmas tree storage box online.
- Store the tree in a cool and dry area away from sunlight.
When Christmas over and you feel ready to say goodbye to the holiday spirit you will need to store it or threw it. After you pack everything you can seek a professional help to clean the house and make a fresh start to the year. Book a Justmop maid now!