The warm weather actually never leaves Dubai, it just transforms less hot than hotter. But this never stopped anyone loving this amazing city. Still, before it gets unbearably hot in the city, let’s enjoy summer as much as we can. A few suggestions for you to make the most of it.
Outdoor: Summer means picnic, barbecue, swimming, dining under the sky, parties and more. If your outdoor area is not ready it means you are not ready for summer. Create an entertaining space. Dress up each section of yard with a different function to create a balance between a place to play and a place to eat. Decorate the yard with a summer theme, you can go with bright tones or blue and white to bring a Mediterranean breeze. Get help from lanterns or string lights when decorating outdoors. Don’t neglect your pool if you have one. It’s important to keep it clean as well as its surrounding.
Indoor: Nowadays summer is still enjoyable but for upcoming days you will need to a cool breeze. First thing you should do is to check your air conditioning equipment regularly so your house can stay at a comfortable temperature. Second important thing is not going to make you happy; deep cleaning! Well, the good news is that you don’t have to do it on your own. Book a maid instead!
After deep cleaning your house is partly ready for the summer. Now it’s time to dress your house. Light colours, tea lights, summer-themed decoration items etc. Whatever you like about summer bring it in your house. While decorating your house still keep in mind that less is more. You can bring the summer look with just a few touches. Preparing your house for summer also means changing the textiles throughout the home. Wash the blankets for the next use and store them. Exchange any heavy fabrics for breezier ones is the simplest way to get ready for summer. It includes pillowcases, sofa slipcovers, bedding, rugs. If you need a deeper cleaning for your textiles you can hire a professional cleaning company to do the sofa cleaning and/or soft cleaning.
Extras: A few more ideas for your summer days.
Who wouldn’t love summer smell in the house? Two easy and cheap ways to make your home smell like summer.
- Summer Potpourri: Fill a medium-sized pot with water. Add sliced citrus fruits, 1 can pineapple juice, 1 tbsp coconut extract. Boil for a few minutes then lower the heat to simmer. Let it simmer for as long as you like, refill water if needed. Save the mixture in a glass jar in the fridge, Reheat whenever you want to feel summer in the house.
- Essential oils: You can mix just a few essential oils to bring the summer feeling.
* For exotic nights: 2 drops ylang-ylang, 2 drops orange, 1 drop patchouli, 1 drop sandalwood
* For energy boost: 3 drops orange, 3 drops lemongrass, 3 drops wintergreen
* For sweet summer: 4 drops tangerine, 2 drops lavender, 1 drop lime, 1 drop spearmint
Drop one of these essential oil blends in jars filled with cotton. Place them in every room in the house. Keep it away from children and pets.
Summer also means cool refreshing drinks. You can add a colourful touch to your drinks with fruit infused ice cubes.
* To start, pick your favourite fruit and herb combinations for the cubes.
* Cut the fruits and herbs into little pieces and divide amongst your ice tray.
* Add water to your tray and freeze for a few hours.
A well-prepared lemonade will make your day during hot summer days.
- Ingredients: 1 small pineapple, 2 peaches, juice of 3 lemons, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1 and a half tbsp vanilla, 4 cups cold water and ice,
- Instructions: Cut the skin off the pineapple, cut it into cubes and place them in a high-speed blender. Cut peaches in half and add them to the blender along with the lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla and 2 cups of water. Run the blender for a minute. Pour into a pitcher and stir in the remaining 2 cups of water. Voila!
Enjoy the summer days!