1) Eww. Everyone knows that fishy smell after you cook a delicious, healthy meal. Here are three hacks to minimise the bad fish odour and the energy you expend to make it go away.
- Whether you grill the fish or use oven to cook it, this tip will help you to have a delicious lemon-flavoured meal and create less mess to clean. All you have to do is to slice lemons, place them on the cooking surface and sit back. The lemons do the rest. They will prevent the fish from sticking to the surface while passing their flavour to the fish.
- After you finish your delicious meal the one and only thing you have to remember is to use cold water to clean up the dishes. Hot water will make the odour very bad and may put you off fish for a while.
- We recommend not to waste any piece of this lovely friend. You can get rid off the bad smell left on your hands after cooking just by rubbing half of a lemon. It will take the bad odour away.
2) The best part after some time spent by the counter is to enjoy what you cooked. But when all the fun is finished, kitchen awaits you to be tidied up.
Having fun in the kitchen and tasting yummy meals is nice but you should keep in mind that all the kitchen equipment should be cleaned very well afterwards, especially with meat products. If you feel too lazy to wash them all well, it may cause several serious diseases. But on the other hand, using bleach added chemicals may also make you suffer other diseases in the long term. Especially if you can’t stop using wooden material. Wood is a very absorbent material which means you should be extra careful.
That’s where our little yellow buddies come to help. Because of the acid it keeps inside, lemons are one of the best organic disinfectant.
- Half lemon
- Bad smelling, stinky wooden chopping board or spoon
Lemon’s got your back on this one too! Annoying dry cheese won’t fight against lemon acidic power. To make your grater cheese-free, cut the lemon in half and grate fleshy side of the lemon. Its juice will make dry cheese pieces softer and fall off the grater. If you can, apply this on both sides of the grater.
Ingredients you need:
1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup superfine sugar
4 cups water
1 cup fresh blueberries, stems removed
1/3 cup fresh mint
Stir well all the ingredients, add blueberries and keep it in the fridge for few hours. After all the flavours are mixed, your home made, delicious lemonade is ready. Enjoy!