What pops in your mind when you think of Easter? Holy celebrations, bunnies, chocolate, colourful baskets, spring? How about bringing some Easter mood in your house? There are many creative and funny ways to do that. Here are a few for you!
Decorations: With a few little touches you can bring the spring as well as the Easter mood in your house. Pick spring colours for decoration. You don’t have to change everything you have in the room you want to edit. A few simple tricks would do. For instance, you can change your curtains or pillowcases with colourful pastel versions. A little piece of advice; before storing your curtains use a professional help for curtain cleaning. Isn’t it better to store them ready for next use?
- Table: If you are going to host an event such as lunch or dinner you can turn your table into a little garden with the help of spring colors, a few bunny figures and colorful eggs. Add candles and flowers for a better effect. Swap regular place cards for festive pieces such as little nests with a painted egg written with your guests’ name. Use a floral arrangement as a centerpiece. Bring colorful eggs together and add spring flowers, don’t forget to use a transparent vase to show off the Easter eggs.
- Rooms: If you intend to spread the joy to every single room, you can start with pillows and sheets. Pastel shades with some flower arrangements will bring the spirit right away. You can place an egg tree by the entrance or in your living room. You can use fake branches or lovely spring flowers. Hang wreaths not just outside your door but some other places around the house as well. You can easily make your own Easter wreath.
- DIY for children: If you have kids or like to spend time with your little cousins or nephews here are a few easy DIY projects.
- Rabbit spoons: All you need is old wooden spoons, some felt and paint. Make ears from felt, paint the spoons in rabbit colours. That’s it!
- Bunny garland: Print a bunny template and cut it accordingly. Make pom pom tails using baker’s twine. Attach them with glue.
- Easter egg pattern: Using potato as a stamp will never get boring, even for you! Cut potatoes in half and carve them however you like. Grab a paper and watercolour paint. You know the rest.
- Food: Whatever you decide to cook mix and match the ingredients right so colours pop. Carrots, asparagus, avocados even strawberries would add colour and character to the dish. Here are a few lovely side dishes suggestions for your table.
- Brussel sprouts and cranberries: Heat Brussel sprouts in a skillet with olive oil. Add salt and pepper, cook 7-9 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar. You can add barley if you wish. You have to prepare barley according to the package instructions. Toss cranberries, pecans, sprouts and barley if you wish in a large bowl, top with gorgonzola cheese.
- Roasted carrots: Toss the carrots in half of the mixture of the oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, grainy mustard, miso, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic. Bake them until they become golden brown in a preheated 200-degree oven. It will take 20-30 minutes to cook. Turn them halfway and use the other half of the mixture.
- Asparagus: Wrap prosciutto slices around asparagus spears and fry them for a few minutes. It can’t get any easier than this.
Getting ready for special events can get messy most of the time. Since Easter is also announcing the arrival of the spring maybe it’s time for a deep cleaning as well. Book a professional maid service after all the celebrations are finished.
We hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Easter with your loved ones.